As you are probably aware Jim Mason stepped down as Chair and I was elected following five years leading the Urban Group. I am delighted that the Secretary and Treasurer agreed to continue in post and most members of the Urban Group moved over to become trustees and committee members of the Civic Society.
Your committee members with various leading roles are now as follows.
Dianne Parkin Secretary
Martin Lander Treasurer
Steve Marsh Communications/Media
Tim Lee Communications/Media
Andrew Beeson Membership (Individual and Corporate)
Ursula Jones Events
Paddy Jelen, Yvonne Pini, Stuart Burns Without Portfolio
Our Planning sub-group remains as John Smith and David Heeley.
New focus and aims
Projects and campaigns
- Review, update and improve communications, media and marketing
- Planning issues
- Increase and broaden the demographic of the individual membership and increase corporate membership
- Establish and improve connections with all local authorities, prominent organisations and other local voluntary groups
- Further church floodlighting
- Remedial work to pavement lighting (SKDC)
- Bronze plaques restoration (STC)
- Water Street tree and riverbank enhancement/essential work (SKDC)
- Enrichment and further development of our Historic Sites app
The final event of 2022 on December 15th was a talk by the well-known Auctioneer David Palmer at Browne’s Hospital. David has a wealth of knowledge about antiques and provided a very entertaining evening which was enjoyed and appreciated by a good attendance of members.
Ursula and her events team are organising a shop window competition for town centre shops to celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III together with a children’s ‘spot the odd one out’ competition. Look out for details in the media